DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
****$7,500 Sign-on Bonus for Qualified Candidates****
Do you have the career opportunities as a Cardiac Sonographer you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Centerpoint Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. CPMC we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the CPMC family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Cardiac Sonographer to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Cardiac sonographers perform echocardiograms, or ultrasound imaging, to evaluate different aspects of the heart, such as chamber size, valve function and blood flow. While cardiac sonographers do not themselves diagnose patients, they work with physicians in doing so or may assist in other diagnostic procedures.About this unit:
- The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient focused.
- Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal success.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
- Under direct supervision of the Cardiology Nurse Manager or preceptor, the Cardiac Sonographer is responsible for accurately performing echocardiograms on all patients (including infants, adolescents and adults).
- Responsibilities also include analyzing the information and providing calculations to assist the physician in providing appropriate care and treatment.
- Assists with stress testing, trans-esophageal echocardiograms, patent foramen ovale closures, and any other activities assigned by the Cardiology Nurse Manager to assure the department runs effectively and efficiently including the maintenance of patient records.
- The Cardiac Sonographer will carry out any other activities assigned by the Cardiology Nurse Manager including Outreach assignments.
- Responds within 30 minutes when on stand-by.
QualificationsWhat Qualifications You Will Need:
- Completion of a cardiac sonography program, or an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in an allied health related field preferred.
- Current registration through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) with active status in Adult Echocardiography. For new graduates, must obtain registry within 12 months of registry eligibility date.
- BLS certification.
- Two years of work experience which provided an in depth knowledge of generally accepted principles, theories, and practices of cardiac sonography preferred.
- Required Call and Weekend Rotation.
The Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients.
The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you're embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website