The Tax Specialist role will be responsible for day to day activities associated with information reporting and software support, partnering with internal business units, consulting with peer banks and federal & state regulatory agencies. This role will partner with tax compliance including preparation of tax returns, will assist and provide necessary information required to record accurate tax provision, and assistance with CorpTax administration and CCAR/DFAST calculations and other tasks as required. Position Responsibilities
- Ensure tax regulation changes are tracked and communicated to the various Lines of Business.
- Work with Lines of Business on special projects assisting with the implementation of new tax regulations and operational processes to ensure compliance.
- Function as the administrator for the compliance and provision software CorpTax; learning the technical aspects of the compliance and provision functions.
- Learn to administer other software programs for the tax department.
- Complete the federal consolidated 1120 return along with various state and local returns.
- Sarbanes Oxley -- Ensure proper controls for tax provision compliance.
- Perform necessary research to support understanding of related tax compliance and other technical tax issues.
- Assist with reconciliation of liability and expense accounts.
- Collaborate with compliance and audit on various projects and processes.
- Various tax related developments.
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax payments for federal and state.
- Calculate income tax accrual and associated entries.
- Prepare tax disclosures contained in the 10-Q and 10-K and call report.
- Calculate and provide annual tax plan and forecast APB rate.
- Learn monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting process and Federal and State audit functions.
- Assist with Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and Dodd Frank Annual Stress Testing (DFAST).
Apply on company website