- POSITION SUMMARY
- Housing Assistants are members of the Senior Housing/Assisted Living Home Care team. Senior Housing Assistants perform delegated duties of direct and indirect patient care under supervision. They must continually strive to provide the highest possible level of services for the clients. High quality care and overall efficiency are essential components towards the achievement of the goals of the Cuyuna Regional Medical Center.
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and Experience:
- Previous Home care experience preferred.
Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Nursing Assistant on the Minnesota Registry.
- Special Skills and Aptitudes:
- Capable of carrying out verbal and written instructions.
- Effective interpersonal skills, independent initiative, observation and reporting skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and appropriately.
- Ability to properly operate all equipment required for this position.
- Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Willingness to expand knowledge in all areas of senior residential care.
- Education and Experience:
- ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to establishing and maintaining the clients comfort and dignity while continuously striving to enhance the care and services of the Senior Housing Department.
- Responsible to the RN and/or therapist who assigns, orients, and supervises specific tasks of client care, with the ability to perform tasks required to care for persons whose health is threatened.
- Performs personal care for physical and psychosocial health needs according to established procedure and standards.
- Provides nursing delegated tasks, including, but not limited to: medication administration, and treatments specific to the nature of injury or disease process.
- Completes tasks in providing care to the clients who have limitations to exercise and mobility needs.
- Informs RN of variation in the client's condition and needs; utilizes written and oral communication skills to accurately describe changes.
- Maintains an accurate, legible and comprehensive record of observations and care provided and tasks completed.
- Demonstrates confidence and resourcefulness in emergency situations, following established policy and procedures.
- Organizes and provides leisure opportunities for clients based on preferences and abilities with a focus on community integration.
- Maintains adherence to infection prevention and control interventions in all aspects of job functions.
- Complies with established safety measures for direct care services, equipment utilization and alterations in the environment.
Provides assistance with clients' meal preparation and service; provides for needs of person at nutritional risk.
- Assists in establishing a clean, safe, home environment for the clients and community in private and public locations.
Responsible to ensure clients' hygienic needs are met by providing laundry services for clients' personal clothing and linens.
- Demonstrate Standards of Excellence when other duties are assigned.
Apply on company website