The Material Handler will be based in Austin, TX. Responsible for performing the physical or combined administrative/physical tasks involved in the storing, counting and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Compiles and maintains records of quantity, cost and type of material stocked and issued, and prepares material requisitions.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Axis Shipping, Receiving.
- Pick, label, pack and pallet wrap orders for shipment.
- Operate a forklift and continually pick up 50 lbs.
- Works from requisition, order list or stock list to pull required items.
- Uses a checklist as items are pulled to ensure kit accuracy.
- Accumulates orders, reports shortages and transports completed orders to distribution point or staging area.
- Processes returned items and unscheduled issues.
- Compiles and maintains inventory of material received, stocked, and issued.
- Prepares requests for procurement of material.
- Lists heavy items.
- Examines, stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Take inventory of stored items through cycle counting.
- May audit kits for accuracy.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- Only current contractors working at the US Texas Austin Research Blvd. facility will be considered.
- Must have Microsoft Excel experience.
- Must have Warehouse Management System knowledge.
- Previous scan gun experience.
- Previous warehouse shipping and receiving experience.
- Able to stand and bend for long periods of time.
- Must have good written and verbal English communication skills.
- General math and reading for part number verification.
- Completion of high school, vocational training or equivalent.
- May require ability to read and apply color-coding and schematics; component prepping, inspect components; operate telephones, data entry equipment, spreadsheet software; MRP system, forklifts, electronic scales, pallet jack, staple gun, cycle counting, kitting.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Typically requires addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills.
- Supply, move material to production line, make inquiries in inventory systems. May performs cyclic counts of materials in production floor and returns material in system.
- May require certification in MRP system.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website