At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
In our Design Center in Filderstadt, our team creates technologies for the Automotive Market. Our portfolio includes High and Low voltage DC/DC Converters, Inverters, Battery management systems, Recuperation modules, Overhead Consoles, Smart Control Units as well as internal and external lighting applications.
Strengthening our team, you would get to
- Work for the big Automotive OEMs such as AUDI, BMW, Daimler, Ford, Porsche, and VW
- Work in a supportive, stable, inventive team in a modern, high-quality environment
- Experience the difference, become a member of our innovative team
- Share with us your ideas, we are looking forward to hearing from you
For our Design Center team, we are currently looking for aSenior Lead Engineer (m/f/d)
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Plan, organize, control and track design program deliverables, schedule and budget (all design relevant metrics)
- Responsible for design related tasks to support sales as a technical lead during quote phase and ensure a detailed quote assumption & deviation list
- Based on the defined project plan, prepares complete design related project budget for customer quote, based on the totally estimated design, development, test and validation costs, including required material and 3rd party service costs.
- Organize all internal and customer related design reviews, according to applicable Flex automotive design processes in ASPICE conformance.
- Responsible for requirements engineering, risk assessment, and cooperation/communication between all engineering disciplines, including electrical and mechanical design, SW design, Test & Validation, and Design Quality. Following Flex Automotive & ASPICE procedures.
- Escalate all design related issues regarding budget, timing, quality, and other deliverables. Propose corrective measures and actions and estimate respective required material, time, and design resources.
- Responsible for work breakdown plan and staffing for each phase of the project together with the system architects and respective engineering managers for each design discipline
- Be the key channel of communication for customers and be responsible for all design-related change requests and escalation processes from and to the customer as well as for internal issues.
- Interface between customer and production sites for design topics related to Manufacturing, Quality, Test and Logistics processes
- Support the Global Program Management for design relevant items in coordination of Flex Automotive Product Life Cycle (FAPLC), OP enhancement and customer satisfaction
Here is some of what you'll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent graduate degree
- 3-5 years' experience in project management
- Experience in working with customers (OEM & Tiers)
- Fluent German and English knowledge both in written and spoken form
- Strong time management, planning, and follow up skills
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience in automotive electronic and or mechanical devices
- Knowledge and experiences in the development of manufacturing processes for products of the automotive industry
KS15Job Category Design, Process & Technology Engineering
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website