The primary function of this position is loading, unloading, and moving materials within or near plant, warehouse, storage facility or worksite. Includes working with the team to improve current system, functions, and daily operations to more effectively meet goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May participate in lean /six sigma/quality/safety initiatives as required
- Works with a team to improve current system, functions, and daily operations to more effectively meet goals
- Maintains system critical data elements
- May monitor shipping performance to Delivery Tracking Schedule (DTS) and ensure movement of product from production through packaging to shipping
- Performs materials analysis and maintains records as required in support of cycle counting operations and performance measurement
- Reads work orders or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved
- Opens containers using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools
- Conveys materials to or from storage or worksites to designated areas to include the manufacturing floor by use of hand truck, electric dolly, forklift, or other device
- Counts, weighs, and records materials moved or handled in an ERP system
- Attaches tags or labels to materials or otherwise marks information
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) plus years of relevant work experience
- Preferred experience in a manufacturing/warehouse environment
- SAP or other MRP/ERP software experience strongly desired
OTHER RELATED JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work from verbal and written instructions
- May require forklift certification
- Goal oriented and team focused to ensure completion of projects in a timely manner
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Performs all work in accordance with safety and workmanship and good housekeeping specifications
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs., occasional lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, kneel, work overhead with arms, and sit or stand for several hours at a time
- Eye/hand coordination required, with steady and agile hands to operate equipment and tools
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as required per plant rules
Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans, disabled individuals or other individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age or sexual orientation
Apply on company website