SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center. Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We are a Level II Trauma facility, offering specialized vascular surgery, Neurosurgery, a comprehensive certified stroke center, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery; we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries. HCA
- 63rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
- Provides initial and ongoing psychosocial assessments for patients/families having complex psychosocial needs and/or medical complex diagnosis.
- Collaborates with the health care team and develops treatment goals and plans intervention that assist the patient and family to resolve psychosocial concerns that may arise as a result of illnesses, engagement in high risk social behaviors (i.e. substance abuse), limited finances and/or physical disabilities.
- Provides crisis and supportive counseling to enhance the patient's and family's problem solving and coping skills. Counsels patient/families regarding advance medical directives.
- Educates patients and families to the patient's needs post discharge and informs them of the alternatives available to meet those needs.
- Refers patients who require extended care post discharge to long-term care facilities. Once an appropriate bed is located, arranges for the patient's transfer.
- Collaborates with community agencies to provide services to assist with housing, financial, transportation, psychosocial, educational, home health, and home medical equipment needs of patients/families post discharge.
- Documents case management/social work assessments, treatment goals, interventions, outcomes, and discharge plans in the patient's medical record congruent with departmental policies.
- Provides ongoing education for the other members of the health care team related to ethical, psychosocial and discharge planning issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends related to medical social work health care issues through attendance and active participation in continuing education and professional organizations.
- In consultation with RN Case Manager, applies the rules of Severity of Illness, Intensity of Service, and Discharge Screens/Indicators consistently in evaluating medical necessity.
- Performs admission and concurrent review for all payers and maintains legible documentation as directed by the Utilization Management Plan
- Identifies, tracks, and records Alternative Care Days (ACDs). Intervenes to prevent or decrease ACDs as appropriate.
- Initiates denial and appeal process in accordance with policy.
We'd love to tell you more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team!
Required - Two years previous employment in social work
Required - Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Human Service field.
Preferred - Master of Social Work Degree from an accredited school of Social Work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website