DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse Director Case Management (RN), Full-Time
Kendall Regional Medical Center
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 417-bed, full-service, provisional Level I Trauma hospital providing 24-hour comprehensive medical, trauma, burn, surgical, women and children's services, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with a wide range of patient and community services. Kendall Regional Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals, a HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence, The Joint Commission Certification as a Primary Stroke Center, accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, and most recently, by the Joint Commission as a “Top Performer” on key quality measures.
Isn't it time you were offered a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package that complements your lifestyle? Join the team at Kendall Regional Medical Center. Our award-winning hospital fosters an atmosphere that constantly rewards our nurses and clinical professionals for their commitment, while encouraging them to maintain a healthy lifestyle outside of work!
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!Benefits:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment.Job Summary: The Director, Case Management reports to the CFO and has overall accountability for the Case Management function in a facility. The role established objectives, directs department operation and develops overall departmental strategies in alignment with the overall direction of case management within the Division and organization. The Director is responsible for the results of the unit as well as the development and deployment of staff within their area of responsibility Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements that annual departmental plan consistent with budgetary constraints, ensuring maintenance of quality control program, provision of services with an emphasis on patient safety. Develops annual goals and objectives that are attainable and are appropriate to department plan and includes employee, physician, patient (customer) input.
- Maintains collaborative/cooperative relationships with others in the organization by sharing meaningful information, soliciting feedback and exhibiting respect and support. Integrates department's service within the hospital's primary function.
- Manages the finances of the function by identifying savings opportunities or revenue enhancement that add value to the departmental or facility processes; prepare operational expense growth within hospital guidelines and based on department workload, analyze department statistics on an ongoing basis to determine potential variances and make adjustments where necessary.
- Coordination of the Utilization Management Committee Meetings and minutes. Preparation of Utilization Management monthly agenda and presentation of pertinent data. Example: Denial Activity, Peer Review Activity, and activity of targeted DRG's
- Peer Review Organization (PRO) liaison for hospital. Receive, maintain and respond to all requests for medical record review. Maintains and replies to all denial correspondence. Responsibility to review and revise Utilization Management Plan on a yearly basis. Following revisions and approval of the UM Plan by the Utilization Management Committee, the Director of Case Management is responsible to obtain approval of the plan by the Medicaid Peer review Organization.
- Assures staff compliance with the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals, in particular, patient identification, hand-off communication and medication reconciliation
- Current FL RN Licensure, or recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- Master's degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Case Management required
- Case Management Certification preferred
- 2-3 years of experience as a Director Case Management in acute care setting strongly preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website