Make a +Difference at Kraton!
At Kraton, we make a Positive Difference, and we are looking for individuals who are
also looking to make a difference in their jobs, for our customers and to the world.
We are looking to hire a key member of our manufacturing plant production team in
Panama City, FL.
The Production Supervisor provides technical expertise to support the
manufacturing process in meeting plant goals, leading and directing approximately 20
or more hourly production employees. The Production Supervisor is expected to
demonstrate compliance with all environmental and safety policies and procedures,
identify process optimization and reliability opportunities within the facility,
communicate effectively with Operations Management and ensure they are clearly
aware of needs and issues in the Plant. The key customers are the Production Managers
and Plant Manager.
- Support improvement through data gathering, focusing maintenance efforts on key items while troubleshooting daily problems and supporting these activities.
- Lead activities involving employee Preventative Maintenance and Basic Care to reduce process upsets.
- Identify and execute small scope expense projects within established timelines.
- Provide leadership that drives participation and accountability to the employee level on safety and environmental activities and initiatives.
- Engage employees to continuously improve EHS standards and practices within the department.
- Identify and implement equipment improvements affecting EHS, particularly ergonomics.
- Perform risk assessments to continually drive down risk within the plant.
- Ensure robust systems are created and maintained to ensure minimal error on finished product identification and shipping.
- Track key production parameters to improve compliance to schedule, on-time shipments, and customer satisfaction.
- Serve as a technical resource to operators.
- Drive reduction of operating costs through improved efficiencies, debottlenecking, energy use reductions, yield improvements, and project development and implementation.
- Supervision of union-represented, hourly employees in the Plant rotating duty for a 24 hour 365 day operating unit, and identifying and implementing process improvements with internal and external support are typical duties.
- Daily interfaces with production employees, employees in other departments, Process Engineers, and other Department Supervisors to facilitate reliable communications and the completion of work across the Plant.
- Actively participate in Company programs and supervisory functions.
- Engineering – Demonstrate process knowledge of reactions, heat transfer, utilities, separations, water treatment, pollution control, and other unit operations including process control, maintenance, quality tools, flow diagrams, and process safety management (PSM).
- Process Improvement – Understand and employ problem solving techniques and process improvement methods.
- Data Analysis – Provide sufficient data collection and analysis to support decision-making.
- Communications – Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form with all levels of employees in the organization, customers, vendors, suppliers, contractors, and external consultants.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in a chemical manufacturing plant environment and have familiarity with distributed control system (DCS) programming and applications.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and systems applications (e.g., spreadsheets, presentation applications, word processing, data management and information processing, databases, e-mail, and other business information software).
- Knowledge in chemical engineering processes, plant operations and manufacturing processes, maintenance systems, and EHS systems.
- Able to facilitate and influence a number of key stakeholders both at the plant and corporate levels on matters of process and production.
- Ability to interact and supervise a unionized workforce.
Education, Certifications & Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or other related major from an accredited college / university.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to
be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this
Kraton's internal talent acquisition team manages our recruiting efforts and from time
to time works with pre-selected/pre-approved external staffing agencies. We do NOT
accept unsolicited resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and/or agencies who
are not pre-selected/pre-approved.
Kraton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website