Job ID: 102275
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Position Summary
We are looking to add a new member to our Focal Plane Array team to provide technical writing support for our manufacturing execution system (MES). The person in this roll would ensure accurate, complete, and easy to understand work instructions for new and existing product lines. They would work closely with engineering and manufacturing to facilitate the continuous improvements in instructions and standardization across product lines.Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Associates Degree in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
• Experience: 2+ years experience
• Technical writing experience
• 1+ year(s) of experience working in a clean room manufacturing environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, database managers, and fab specialists
• Self motivated and able to work with little supervision
• Strong desire to learn
• Experience working in databases is a plus
• Maintain and improve work instructions in the Semiconductor Manufacturing Execution System (MES) software.
• Ensure the release of clear, complete, and understandable work instructions for fab operators.
• Maintain standardiization and consistency of instructions across product lines.
• Work with teams of fab specialists, process engineers, product development engineers, and management to implement improvements and new product flows
• Lead review meetings to obtain change control board approval on documentation updates.
• Other duties as assigned
• Clean room time up to 25%
• Working at a computer up to 90%
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #EOIS
Apply on company website