We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager, Business Development - MerchantsManager, Merchant Business Development
• This role will focus on the identifying sales opportunities through direct interaction with the customer, optimization analysis, execution with existing solutions and identify new opportunities in the merchant segment.
• Create strong pipeline and customer engagement. This position will play a key role in helping MasterCard create business with all new players in the payment industry like retail, stores, Telcos, small and medium business, T&E and digital business.
• Participates in business conversations with key decision makers internally and externally
• Demonstrated success introducing existing and new/emerging solutions into various segments or industries.
• Understand market trends to determine impact to business segment and develop opportunities that hold the best potential for future business growth with merchant partners.
• Analyzes customers' existing business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis.
• Responsible for develops alliances with merchants and promotional use campaigns
• This role will have customer-facing responsibilities, which requires business development, in-depth product knowledge, and strategic selling skills.
• Helps prepare for and participates in conversations with key decision makers about product opportunities
• Executes and manages the customer contract agreement process: Drives end-end process by partnering with business, operations, finance, products, services, legal to identify, evaluate deal & approval process.
• Supports project execution across all business functions, Cyber & Intelligence Solutions and product management.
All About You
• Work experience in payments Industry and significant experience with merchants and merchant scale products and technologies, ideally with a track record of successful business development, product roadmap and solution development.
• Knowledge in sales or manage digital security solutions for merchants.
• Consulting selling experience, proven experience in complex sales and negotiation of commercial business alliances.
• Understanding of sales strategy development and sales pipeline management
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects concurrently.
• Track record in achieving business development targets and building customer pipeline and relationships
• Advanced analytical, experience with data analysis with the goal of identifying sales and business optimization opportunities
• Leadership and relationship management. Lead merchant strategy execution.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required with a solid track record of developing external relationships.
• English oral and written communication skills.
In many locations, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website