We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager, Small Business (Emerging)Overview:
The Manager, Small Business Segment (Emerging) will be part of the Commercial, Product & Innovation team, which is responsible for advancing the Mastercard small business efforts throughout the Asia Pacific (AP) region. The Manager will be responsible for identifying, developing and bringing to market solutions that meet the holistic needs of small businesses as well as our partners within the payment ecosystem.
The jobholder will focus on increasing overall cross-functional engagement and asset integration throughout Mastercard. In addition, the Manager will play an instrumental role in educating internal and external constituencies on the Mastercard Small Business strategy and be a strong advocate and influencer to ensure the Small Business segment strategy is being applied across Mastercard.
The scope of this new role is to grow the distribution and overall market share for Mastercard solutions in the Small Business segment through the following activities:
• Develop strategy, launch new solutions or forge partnerships to serve the needs of Mastercard's Commercial-Small Business customers and small businesses/merchants
• Develop optimal business model and value proposition to enable Mastercard to capture new payment flows, drive revenue and market share growth
• Manage the overall product development process; collaborate with Division Product lead(s), Marketing, Loyalty, Finance, Pricing and Interchange, Franchise, Legal, O&T, Customer Delivery, as well as third parties/partners
• Engage customers/partners in strategic dialogue covering the full spectrum of Mastercard capabilities across the key SME areas of enablement: Pay, Get Paid, Get Capital, Get Digital
• Work with the regional Acceptance team on combined issuing/acquiring propositions and drive the number of Small Business acceptance locations
• Partner closely with regional Services team (Data & Services, Cyber & Intelligence) on development and go-to-market of new products or services for small businesses
• Continuously explore new distribution opportunities with regional banks and non-traditional customers (fintechs, neobanks, marketplaces, governments, etc); develop winning propositions and proposals for all stakeholders in the distribution chain in partnership with the relevant Account Managers
• Partner with internal and external constituencies to identify, research, and analyze new products, services and capabilities; solicit input for concepts, enhancements and market intelligence
• Effectively communicate the launch of new products, services & platforms and/or enhancements to internal stakeholders and external customers through bulletin announcements, briefing sessions, PR, customer pitches, etc
• Act as link between Global Small Business team and AP stakeholders in developing new solutions and narratives, and best practice sharing
All About You:
• Strong product development & management skills, with demonstrated ability to deliver
• Relevant industry experience preferred, such as payments, cards, financial services etc
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to share a compelling view and bring a broad group of key stakeholders along to deliver a product
• Self-motivated and able to operate within a cross-functional team environment
• Able to manage and oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
• Strong in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website