The role of the Application Security Analyst is to work closely with product design and development staff to build security into web applications developed at Paycom. As an analyst, you will be responsible for maintaining secure development standards, performing penetration tests and documenting remediation steps for Paycom developed applications, participating in hands-on training with development staff, and maintaining products and internally developed applications used by the application security team.
- Understand how to identify, exploit, and remediate common application vulnerabilities through use of tools and code review
- Use penetration testing skills, tools, and methodology to test new applications and services
- Enforce secure development standards and requirements
- Contribute to application security development projects and discussions as needed
- Utilize SAST/DAST and other products to identify security vulnerabilities
- Develop and participate in security focused training for Paycom's development team
- Perform research on new security trends, tools, and techniques to improve existing processes
- Prioritize and track assigned security issues
- Maintain a professional working relationship with other departments through clear communication
- Help new team members acclimate to job role and responsibilities
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings if needed
- Availability to respond to emergency situations as required
- Perform additional duties and assignments as requested
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- High School graduate required
- Passionate about information security
- 1+ years of development experience
- Strong knowledge of web application vulnerabilities, exploits, and remediation techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with dynamic and static testing tools and techniques
- Familiar with secure coding principles and architecture
- Ability to work as part of a larger team to find solutions
- 3+ years of secure development experience
- Strong knowledge of secure development and secure architecture
- CSSLP, CISSP, GWAPT, CEH, or other applicable certifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in a typical office).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website