The IT SOC Analyst functions include day-to-day operations of security solutions (SIEM, SOAR) and the identification, investigation, and resolution of security incidents detected by those systems. Secondary tasks include the development and/or implementation of security solutions, which fit into the security architecture.
- Analyze potential threats from a multitude of log sources and decide whether events are false positives or potential security threats.
- Determine criticality of potential security threats and decide whether to engage in Incident Response.
- Incident Response support includes following the PICERL model; Preparation, Identification, Containment, Eradication, Recovery & Lessons Learned.
- Ability to decide potential impact and whether escalation and reporting are required.
- Detailed documentation and reporting of shift activities for review by following shifts and leadership.
- Required to operate and escalate in accordance with protocols, procedures and SLAs.
- Contribute to the creation and improvement of enterprise security documents, policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures, where appropriate.
- Bachelors Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or Cyber Security
- Industry Certification (GCIH, GMON, etc.) preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in IT related field
- General knowledge of IPS/IDS, packet/traffic analysis and related tools
- General knowledge of information security principles and practices include but are not limited to the following areas: Vulnerability Scanning; Security Information and Event Management systems; Next Generation Firewalls; Network Intrusion; Host Based Security; Data Loss Prevention; Malware Prevention, Digital Forensics, Application Penetration Testing
- General knowledge and experience with TCP/IP, Microsoft operating systems, and networks
- Basic experience with the following Operating Systems is recommended but not required: Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Kali Linux, Debian), iOS (current versions), Android OS (current versions), macOS (current versions)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly responsive with an ability to handle escalations quickly and professionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations, and policies
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website