The Learning and Development Business Partner is responsible for supporting Paycom business units through an evaluation of the unit's business goals, as well as onboarding and training processes, to ultimately build a sustainable and scalable program for new hires. These business units will include, but are not limited to, marketing, banking, recruiting and human resources. This role will be held responsible to execute on short and long-term learning strategies developed the Learning and Development Supervisor and the Manager of Learning & Development.
This individual will need to possess the ability to build strong relationships with applicable parties from all departments, conduct thorough stakeholder interviews and strategically recommend solutions, through a consultative approach.
As this position will require a great deal of building programs from the ground up, this individual will need to possess a strategic mindset and attention to detail, allowing him/her to create and deliver a flow that is conducive to learning. In addition, because this position will be helping to implement new processes, he/she will also need to maintain a decisive and intuitive approach when consulting with stakeholders.
- Professionally partner with key stakeholders across a variety of business units
- Conduct needs analysis to identify additional training opportunities in line with organization/departmental goals through personal continued education
- Maintain a strong executive presence in all company meetings
- Develop scalable learning programs that leverage a variety of mediums including, but not limited to, PowerPoint, Paycom's Learning Management System, Zoom and WebEx, TL activities, etc.
- Partner with members of L&D for creation and maintenance of course curriculum
- Leverage conference and LMS technology to accommodate distance-based learners
- Empower members of the aforementioned departments to conduct the developed training programs consistently and to execute at the highest level
- Manage the amendment and revisions of training programs as necessary in order to adapt to organizational initiatives
- Maximize opportunities to support key organizational initiatives cross departmentally
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 2 - 4 years of corporate training and consulting, or related experience
- Design learning solutions with a high degree of creativity
- Demonstrated strategic thinking approach
- Experience and ability to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people practicing leadership, influence, and motivation
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with aggressive deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- A strong work ethic, be willing to work flexible hours including evening and weekend, travel to events
- Highly developed interpersonal and people management skills
- Act as a brand ambassador by modeling Paycom values in every interaction with clients, colleagues, and general public
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website