Responsible for filing accurate and timely tax reports and remitting the proper amount due to the appropriate governmental agency ensuring that all deadlines are met or exceeded.
- Assume responsibility for all tax filing and depositing duties.
- Create tax liability due list.
- Maintain semi-weekly, monthly and quarterly tax filing spreadsheets detailing returns to be used, dates to be completed, and special client considerations.
- Transmit tax payments due 2 days or more before the due date via prescribed means.
- Run semi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly tax audit reports for use in completing tax returns as applicable.
- Produce semi-weekly, monthly and quarterly tax returns using audit reports as applicable.
- Proofread all returns for accuracy.
- File all tax returns with appropriate tax authority.
- Maintain current tax rate or frequency for applicable clients ensuring accurate filing and payment.
- Adhere to document storage guidelines.
- Effectively research, track, and resolve tax issues in a timely manner.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Paycom personnel and management.
- Assist other Paycom associates as needed.
- Inform management of area activities and of any significant client problems.
- Demonstrate initiative by constantly looking for and recommending ways to improve Paycom operations and/or customer service.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Maintain a positive attitude with all Paycom personnel and management.
- Adhere to all policies of Paycom including those outlined in the Paycom Employee Handbook.
- Assume responsibility for assisting Paycom management with special projects including quarter-end and year-end processing.
- Willingly work additional hours as required to meet or exceed all filing / payment deadlines.
- Complete projects accurately.
- Complete projects in a timely manner as defined by Paycom management.
- Assist coworkers and Paycom management when requested
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma required
- 0 – 1 years of accounting, payroll, or data entry experience
- Detail oriented
- Well organized
- Cooperative and able to effectively work on a team
- Ability to use computer applications, printers, copier, fax machine and telephone
- Ability to perform research and effectively solve problems
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website