The Verification Specialist is primarily responsible for processing various types of employment, education, professional license and reference verification products related to employment screening. This position is accountable for working within the Federal, State, Client, and Paycom reporting guidelines to provide accurate background screening results.
- Make outbound calls to target sources to obtain information necessary to complete verifications.
- Manage a queue of components and ensure progression of efforts on each.
- Document in detail each call attempt and research activity.
- Receive inbound calls, fax requests, and use automated verification services to obtain target source information.
- Keep records of activities and research efforts via call logs.
- Conducts interviews with professional references to verify candidates' employment history.
- Communicates with candidates to obtain missing information or to clarify details as quickly as possible.
- Maintains regular contact and supports candidates to assist them throughout the screening process where necessary.
- Collaborates with other teams to keep clients informed of issues throughout the screening process.
- Reviews and maintains a good understanding of service level agreements and performs work in accordance with clients' requirements.
- Stays up to date with procedures and service level agreements to ensure clients' needs are continually met.
- Maintains accurate and up to date records of actions taken in the background screening process.
- Produces reports for clients that are accurate and representative of the full facts and in line with the accepted standards.
- Conducts phone calls in a manner that is professional and reflects the overall ‘helping people get hired' philosophy.
MINIMUM BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Data entry
- Background screening
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Ability to research and verify information utilizing computer, internet, and telephone
- Professional oral and written communication
- Ability to interpret information received orally and/or written and input into software system
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Well organized.
- Attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website