We're a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Responsible and accountable for the respiratory management, treatment, control and care of patients with respiratory deficiencies.
Respiratory therapist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients.
The individual must exhibit knowledge of the principles of growth and development from newborn to geriatric patient population.
Therapist must possess the ability to assess data reflective of patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs.
Therapist must be able to provide the care indicated with respect to department policy and procedures.
With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological educational, and environmental needs of the patient/significant other when administering care.
- Possess a broad knowledge of all modes of therapy being performed within this institution.
- Be able to Exhibit skills to accomplish computer operation to include mouse and windows application.
- Must be adept at auscultation of the chest and physical assessment of the patient and monitoring of vital signs.
- Exhibit skills and ability to properly understand and operate electronic monitoring devices.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Willing and able to accept the responsibility of the position.
- Licensed RCP by State of California.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist or actively pursuing with anticipated completion within 6 months of hiring.
- One (1) year clinical acute care experience required
- Two (2) years' clinical acute care experience preferred
- Graduate of an approved AMA Respiratory Care program
- Competent to assess the appropriate care given to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, or geriatric patient.
- Maintain Adult ACLS, BLS (AHA), NRP and Pediatric (PALS) certification required.
- If ACLS and PALS card are not present at hire, the employee will obtain within six months of hire.
- Two years experience preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on company website