Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 11,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
Alternative Job Titles:
- Technical Program Manager - Professional Services
- Technical Architect / Programmer
Provo, Utah, United States
Seattle, Washington, United States
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps - the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they're receiving.
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! Join a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment.
In order to ensure continued value to our customers, we have an extensive set of professional services offerings, ranging from implementation to custom engineering services. The Services Operations team is responsible for closing gaps within the services organization. We enable outstanding customer experience by driving operational excellence across the organization. This role is integral to achieving our goal by monitoring, assessing, and improving our internal systems, processes, and integrations.
This is an ideal role for someone who enjoys the higher level design and project management role of a traditional Technical Architect, but still likes to get into the weeds and write code for systems integrations and automating business processes. At Qualtrics we wear a lot of hats! This is a great company for someone who thrives in ambiguity, and the opportunity that provides to determine how you individually will deliver value. The ideal candidate has experience in integrations programming, with the ability to understand how the design of integrations impacts downstream systems, users, and processes. This person has an “ownership” mentality - while we all have our own areas of specialties, our team culture dictates that we get involved and take ownership of any changes or improvements needed, especially as they impact our stakeholders. The experience of our internal stakeholders and the customers they serve are top priority.
The Expectation for Success
You'll know you're doing a great job when our employees look to you to solve some of the company's largest problems. You can work cross-functionally, are a self-starter, can multitask, excel at troubleshooting systems, love a continual challenge, and manage your time effectively so you can go on a beautiful hike up Provo Canyon for your lunch break!
You have a background in system design and development. You've led projects where you've worn multiple hats, ranging from stakeholder alignment and requirements gathering, through design and execution of technical solutions. You like to get into the weeds and write and test code, but are also able to step back to see the big picture, and design technical solutions based on stakeholder needs. You can adjust your communication style to your audience, explaining complex technical ideas to both senior leadership and fellow developers. You have a passion for designing and implementing technical solutions that increase efficiency and drive the business forward.
A Day in the Life
- Work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to understand current and future business needs, and design technical solutions to address the most critical problems within the services organization, designing both short- and long-term solutions as appropriate
- Evaluate existing systems and integrations against future state business requirements, and make recommendations about required improvements or changes
- Own the relationship with systems vendors, from implementation through ongoing support, to ensure alignment around Qualtrics' business objectives
- Take ownership for all planned and in-place systems and integrations owned by the services operations team, and ensure they're aligned with the organization's goals
- Develop and execute test plans and controls to check technical performance of infrastructure, report findings; investigate root cause of issues and design and implement improvements
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Support more junior members of the team through mentorship and guidance, as well as quality control for all code delivered by the team
- Promote standard methodology sharing across project/program teams
The ideal candidate will have ...
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or Computer Science
- Experience architecting system-level solutions against defined business objectives
- In-depth knowledge of systems integrations and controls frameworks (automated testing experience a plus)
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders including executive staff
- Experience defining programs, writing detailed functional specifications, and delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Previously designed and executed solutions that drove innovation, while establishing operational framework and processes that scale
- A passion for perfecting the end-to-end experience across a diverse set of teams, functions, and platforms
The ideal candidate may have ...
- A master's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related field
- Experience in automated testing and relevant frameworks/concepts like Spring, XML, Cucumber or Selenium
- Direct experience designing and implementing systems integrations
- Experience in Python, SQL, and relevant frameworks/concepts like REST and Web Services a plus
Apply on company website