SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Radiographer you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Rapides Regional Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Rapides Regional we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Paid Personal Leave
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
How We Build Better Communities
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Radiographer where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Radiology Technician works with a Radiologist to diagnose and treat patients using diagnostic imaging examinations like X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans. The Radiology Technician will prepare patients and equipment for radiology procedures, perform the tests, and maintain the equipment.
About this unit:
Teamwork is the core of how we operate.
Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated.
Dynamic departmental duties.
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Responsible for safe handling of equipment and films.
- Assesses patient's understanding of process and informed consent of invasive procedures.
- Assesses, evaluates and informs physician of changes in patient's condition during exam.
- Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
- Makes special radiographic examinations requiring special equipment and procedures such as: intravenous pyelograms, intravenous cholangiograms, bronchograms, mammograms, hysterosalpingograms, tomograms, cholangiography, arthrograms, myelograms and ho pinnings in surgery.
- Programs portable or stationary x-ray machines and makes radiograms for a variety of examinations.
- Processes x-ray film, if a darkroom technician is not available.
- Practices medical and surgical; aseptic procedures.
- Assists in maintaining basic records and reports.
- Assists in maintaining files.
- Competent in the use of CR and PACS.
- Assists in training of students and ancillary personnel.
- Takes x-ray, CAT, U/S and Angio calls according to monthly schedule after the closing of the regular department hours.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Completes all work before clocking out and leaving.
- Is acquainted with local fire and safety regulations.
- Has knowledge of hospital policies and the functions of other departments.
- Compiles and maintains quality assurance information for mammography, in accordance with ACR, State of Louisiana, Department of Health Standards, the FDA and the DHHS.
QualificationsWhat Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of a 2 year JRCERT program in Radiologic Technology; Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Current Louisiana State Licensure
- Current ARRT Licensure in Diagnostic Radiology
- CPR for Healthcare Providers to be completed within 30 days of hire
Rapides Regional Medical Center is an award-winning 328+ bed hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana that offers a wide array of services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care, and our medical staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties.
At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families, your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Radiographer opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website