We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Looking to make a difference?
Bring your compassion and dependability to work with RHA, where you can truly make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
RHA Health Services is looking for a personable, energetic and dedicated Maintenance Assistant to join our team.
As a Maintenance Assistant, you will plan, coordinate and perform preventive maintenance for equipment, machinery, tools, appliances and buildings. You will use your experience, knowledge and judgment to complete tasks with limited direction and supervision.
Other responsibilities include:
- Coordinates work orders with Home Managers and other staff supervisors to determine when planned maintenance will least interfere with operation of residential or center activities.
- Builds, repairs, and installs counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, floors, doors, walls, building framework, and trim.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim. Installs glass in windows, doors, and partitions.
- Installs items such as window shades, venetian blinds, curtain rods, wall & ceiling fans and lights and door locks. Replaces damaged ceiling tile, floor tile, and wall coverings.
- Assures compliance to building code.
- Develops and coordinates with Administrator and Manager - Materials and Assets, plans for reconstruction, capital improvement or installation of new equipment, or buildings.
- Seeks bids for construction/renovation projects as appropriate.
- Suggests cost savings equipment when replacement is necessary.
- Estimates cost of parts, and supplies to be used during scheduled maintenance.
- Reviews manufacturer's service manuals and records of maintenance problems to determine optimum frequency of preventive maintenance.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Valid drivers license including personal vehicle insurance coverage. Must maintain proficiency in company sponsored training and certifications.
RHA Health Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to full-time employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work-life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
In the entry level role, we understand your desire to continue to grow in the role; we are known for providing high-quality services, excellent staff training and opportunities for advancement into supervisory and other roles within the organization.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance, Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
- Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid and job-specific training opportunities
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
Apply on company website