DescriptionThis job is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
SAIC is seeking a senior-level DoD Manufacturing Subject Matter Expert to join our team of qualified, diverse, and highly motivated individuals supporting the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)).
The perfect candidate will have extensive production, quality, and manufacturing (PQM) experience in major defense acquisition weapon systems; executed PQM duties as a civilian, military or support contractor within a Service-level program office; and served as a staff member of a Service or OSD-level manufacturing organization.The Manufacturing SME candidate will support the customer to:
- establish, maintain, and improve knowledge of manufacturing technologies, capabilities, and acquisition workforce competencies;
- conduct manufacturing readiness assessments;
- identify programmatic and technical risk and provide actionable recommendations with the objective of triaging programs to stabilize them and then support them until success;
- formulate DoD manufacturing policies, best practices, standards, and activities to implement the DoD's chartered responsibilities for enabling DoD systems engineering;
- liaison between the research and development department and DoD client to ensure manufacturing engineering is at the forefront of ground-breaking research; and
- assist with DoD workforce development.
- Bachelor's degree in Production Management, Industrial Management, or Manufacturing Engineering; or related technical field
- Minimum of 25 years of total experience; with minimum of 15 years in manufacturing and quality
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the Defense Acquisition Community as a Military Officer/Government Civilian/or Contractor
- Active Secret clearance
- Manufacturing and Quality Certification (i.e., DAWIA or industry certification)
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of DoD and industry manufacturing and quality statutes, policy, guidance, standards, and tools
- Demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing and quality best practices, DoD manufacturing technologies program, and manufacturing level readiness/assessments
- Certified manufacturing or materials engineer
- Post-graduate in engineering discipline
- Prior OSD/PEO staff-level experience
- Manufacturing program office experience (multiple program offices desired)
- Experience in developing DoD or Industry manufacturing/quality standards
Apply on company website