SAIC is seeking a Manufacturing SME to be an advocate for improving Manufacturing innovation for the Department of Defense (DoD) to support and assess Acquisition Category (ACAT) ID Major Defense Acquisition Programs (MDAPs) and other special interest programs.
- Using knowledge of weapons systems acquisition, the candidate will participate in Independent Technical Risk Assessments; Nunn-McCurdy Congressional Investigations; System Engineering Technical Reviews including specific manufacturing focused reviews, such as Production Readiness Reviews.
- Provide manufacturing expertise to support Department of Defense Technology Priorities
- Establish, maintain, and improve knowledge of manufacturing technologies, capabilities, and competencies; support manufacturing assessments, review proposals, and make recommendations to assist selection authorities with contract awards.
- Support the understanding of manufacturing and quality activities throughout the entire acquisition lifecycle from Pre-MDD through Operations and Support. Provide specific support during the Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) Phase to include: complete the detailed build-to design of the system; establish the product baseline; conduct integration and test of system elements and the system (where feasible); demonstrate system maturity and readiness to begin production for operational test and/or deployment and sustainment activities.
- Conduct activities in support of the EMD contract award.
- Resource and conduct event-driven CDR, FCA, SVR, and PRR including assessing whether review criteria are met.
- Establish the initial product baseline Integrated Product Team (IPT) at the CDR and manage that IPT.
- Determine path forward on all major (Class I) baseline changes.
- Assist Defense Acquisition Boards (DABs) with making critical decisions regarding how to proceed with these programs based on their status at major acquisition milestones. Attend IIPTs, OIPTs, and other WIPTs.
- Identify programmatic and technical risk and provide actionable recommendations with the objective of triaging programs to stabilize them and then support them until success.
- Efficiently and effectively manage the performance of the Manufacturing assessment team and outcomes; perform necessary technical, business, and administrative planning including organizing, managing, coordinating, tracking (e.g., cost, schedule, deliverables), and performance management to achieve project goals.
- Provide technical expertise and support of manufacturing as a key member of customer's review team. Interpret client manufacturing needs and make recommendations.
- Assist with developing DoD systems engineering guidance as it relates to manufacturing of MDAPs.
- Advise and support customer leadership on the formulation and coordination of DoD manufacturing policies, standards, and activities to implement the DoD's chartered responsibilities for enabling DoD systems engineering.
- Provide liaison between the research and development department and DoD client to ensure manufacturing engineering is at the forefront of ground-breaking research.
- Maintain currency on developing trends in the manufacturing industry at a national and international level.
- Bachelor's degree in Production Management, Industrial Management, or Manufacturing Engineering
- At least 15 years of experience in Manufacturing
- 5 years of experience working in the Defense Acquisition Community as a Military Officer/Government Civilian/or Contractor
- Applicants selected for this position will require an active/interim DoD Top Secret/Secret clearance, background screening and the ability to obtain a SCI. Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirement for access to classified information.
- Manufacturing and Quality Certification (i.e., DAWIA or industry certification)
- Strong background and capability in pre-Millstone A manufacturing activities; familiarity with the DoD 5000 series, to include the Defense Acquisition Guide (DAG)
- Demonstrated experience in planning, briefing, and coordinating senior-level technical reviews, panels, or similar meetings with diverse participants.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of DoD and industry manufacturing and quality legal requirements (i.e., law), policy, guidance, standards, and tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing and quality best practices, DoD manufacturing technologies program, and manufacturing level readiness/assessments.
- Certified manufacturing or materials engineer
- Post-graduate in engineering discipline
- Prior OSD/PEO staff-level experience
- Ability to work and effectively communicate at the Government Service (GS) 15 grade and Senior Executive Service (SES) levels as a key member of a joint Government/Contractor team
Apply on company website