SAIC has a contingent opportunity for several Network Admin Sr/Site Leads to support an Army customer in Afghanistan. These positions are contingent upon contract award and will be located at various locations in Afghanistan - AP Lightening, Arena, Dahlke, Dywer, Gamberi, Marmal, Shorab.
- Responsible for providing technical and operational support for managing, monitoring and maintaining situational awareness of networks.
- Provide technical and operational requirements to improve performance and quality of service for all networks.
- Analyze and perform troubleshooting of networks, to include router, firewall, Promina, and switch management and configuration.
- Exercise network security policies and procedures, and identify possible faults by using network analysis tools and observation techniques.
- Troubleshoot network outages to include routing abnormalities, firewall outages and blocks, and optimization of traffic flows.
- Support in the troubleshooting and isolation of LAN routing and switching incidents as they occur and create, track and update trouble tickets as necessary.
- Serve as the section leader. Provide guidance and oversight to less experienced personnel. May serve as the Site Technical Lead.
QualificationsEXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- AS or equiv 6+ years experience with voice, data and LAN communications systems.
- Experience with NIPR, SIPR and RIPRNet and associated equipment to include switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Government network accreditation requirements.
- VOICE - call manager and unified communications system tools, VoIP/VoSIP
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: CCNA
IT LEVELS/8570 CERT REQUIRED: IT II and IAT II
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS: ITIL Foundations, CCNP, DSCS
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must have an active Secret clearance
Apply on company website