SAIC is seeking a highly adaptable, people and mission oriented individual to join its Procurement leadership team. Candidates must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to lead and develop a team consisting of staff members of varying experience levels. This position is in support of SAIC's Corporate Procurement department that supports indirect procurement for the company's various corporate functional areas (HR, ITO, Finance, etc.).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall leadership and management of the procurement function in support of designated programs
- Establishes measurement and functional performance goals for staff consistent with guidance from senior leadership
- Manages procurement staff, including workload assignment, performance reviews, career development, recruiting and staff retention within the programs supported
- Cascades information on Ethics, Conflict of Interest, Company coordination requirements, Company communications and external communication restrictions. Also performs regular training on SAIC Policy, Procedures, and Guidelines, acquisition methods, conflicts of interest, procurement integrity, supplier communication limitations, best-value procurement methodologies, source selection boards, and obtaining approvals to procurement and non-procurement program staff.
- Manages full procurement lifecycle support including, but not limited to
- overseeing and guiding teams' development of Request for Proposals;
- assisting staff in conducting bidders conferences, developing evaluation criteria, analyzing and evaluating proposals, negotiating contract provisions, and selecting or recommending suppliers;
- ensuring internal corporate level reviews and approvals are coordinated and obtained;
- performing risk identification, avoidance and mitigation;
- executing awards timely and in compliance with public law, federal regulation, and SAIC policy/procedure;
- interacting with other functional areas in development and execution of the procurement strategy.
- Works on complex assignments where analysis may require an in-depth evaluation of routine and non-routine data
- Exercises a high degree of independent judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Coordinates with other SAIC departments to ensure compliance with law, accounting, leasing, risk management including insurance, liability provisions, and employee relations.
- Interprets and enforces company-wide policies and procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring procurement audit compliance across the programs
- Accountable for meeting the program's objectives and timelines, customer satisfaction, and compliance with company and government regulation.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by procurement leadership
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree Bachelors and eight (8) years or more of related experience
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid communications skills, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate across several levels of staff and customers/vendors
- Strong team player
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to take a structured and proactive approach to full lifecycle management of projects
- Ability to actively prioritize projects in accordance with changing objectives
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and communicate those to achieve stakeholder buy-in
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Costpoint purchasing system
- Professional certification in Supply Management (CPSM) or Project Management (PMP)
Apply on company website