SAIC is seeking a Military Health Associate to provide staff support to Action Officers/Chairs of MHS Clinical Communities, work groups, and a variety of military healthcare projects for the Defense Health Agency (DHA). This is a junior to mid-level position. Responsibilities include:
- Meeting management;
- Drafting briefs, correspondence, talking points, testimony, and papers in response to senior leadership direction, information requests, reports to Congress, GAO audits, etc.;
- Implementing evidence-based clinical pathways, and optimization of medical specialty lines; and
- Providing consultation and thought leadership to senior DoD clients using healthcare industry expertise to facilitate healthcare change management solutions and execution of strategic goals, taskers, and inter/intra departmental initiatives related to medical specialty care and interdisciplinary medicine.
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelors degree in a related field and 6+ years of experience. May consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a Minimum of three years of relevant experience in military health
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience in a professional work environment.
- Meet security requirements for obtaining a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Ability to work with clients and program management team on development of military health practices, policies, guidelines, and standards aimed towards maximizing quality, safety, outcomes, access, and cost effectiveness of military healthcare.
- Monitor and direct day-to-day operations of the assigned tasks to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that contract and client goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being accomplished effectively and efficiently.
- Facilitate discussions with subject matter experts, focus groups, and work groups to facilitate military health governance activities and reporting.
- An active project management certification (e.g., PMP) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with any of the following:
- DoD or operational military setting
- Specialty care medicine (e.g., cardiovascular, surgery, pediatrics)
- Hands on experience with MHS medicine, business processes, fiscal controls, policies, operational procedures, and strategic plans.
- Self-direction and exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with all levels of management, staff, and external customers.
- Excellent analytic, writing, problem solving, and communication skills are essential
Apply on company website