SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Systems Combat Engineer to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed in Dahlgren, VA and will allow for some telework from the local area.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in Fall 2023.
Job Summary: The Senior Systems Engineer-Surface Ship Combat Systems will have experience with the AEGIS, AEGIS BMD, LCS, or DDG 1000 Combat System including design and performance definition with at least three of the core elements of the Combat System and experience at the combat system level. This experience shall include systems engineering consisting of trade-off analysis requirements, design, performance analysis, test definition, and certification of combat system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop test procedures and analysis cases; participates in the test inspection process; tests functional test procedures; and performs analysis case, checksheet, data, and requirements analysis.
• Review Interface Design Specification (IDS), Program Performance Specification (PPS), and Computer Program Description Document to ensure operational requirements are defined to specifications.
• Generate, review, and evaluate Computer Program Change Requests (CPCRs), Specification Changes (SCs), Test Observation Reports (TORs), and ICRs for accuracy and merit from AWS program testing.
• Review and provides technical comments for Aegis BL Quick Reference Guides (QRGs), including data analysis to support DDG-100 Combat System Ship Qualification Test (CSSQT) operations.
• Attend and participate in technical meetings, including BL 9 Functional Area Assessment (FAA) and Change Review Boards (CRBs) to discuss open CPCR status' and recommend implementations in future CP builds; Technical Information Meetings (TIMs)
• Coordinate requirements traceability efforts from A-Spec to B5 through DOORS, and develops training material for DOORS training briefs.
• Perform engineering and testing of AWS C&D and ADS elements in AW, including Standard Missile.
• Design and develop future upgrades and life-cycle support of existing computer programs to the AWS.
• Develop, tested, and analyze the production and development of AWS upgrades or modifications at the Integrated Warfare System Lab (IWSL), Surface Combat System Center (SCSC), and Combat System Engineering Development Site (CSEDS). Developed test requirements definitions, plans and procedures development and maintenance, evaluation and stimulation, data reduction and analysis, and computer program documentation review and maintenance.
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelors and ten (10) years general experience
- Ten (10) years specific experience in:
- Conducting detailed, complex engineering activities associated with engineering systems, capabilities, and activities.
- Demonstrated experience with functional and system level requirements analysis, requirements generation and technical community review. Demonstrated experience with system engineering design, performance, analysis, operational experience for military applications.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of system engineering including the definition, functional allocation, design development, testing, integration, and operational performance.
- Demonstrated experience with development of total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website