Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The Strategic Development Group (SDG) delivers program planning, system engineering, financial analysis, safety analysis, facilities and logistics management support, CONOPS development, deployed systems support, and trade/risk analyses in support of Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP).
SPA has a near-term need for a Logistics Management Specialist.
The Life Cycle Logistics Management Analyst will support a fast-moving, Navy, conventional weapons development program by providing logistics expertise to the Facilities and Logistics Principal and the Program Manager. This position requires frequent interface with the support contractors and other government agencies. The candidate will participate in the Logistics and Facilities Working Groups to plan, review documentation, and assess the twelve integrated Product Support elements of (1) product support management, (2) design interface, (3) sustaining engineering, (4) maintenance planning and management, (5) supply support, (6) support and test equipment, (7) packaging, handling, storage, and transportation, (8) training and training support, (9) technical data, (10) computer resources support, (11) facilities, (12) manpower and personnel.
In addition, the Logistics Management Analyst will provide logistics assessments, planning, and recommendations to the Facilities and Logistics Principal; Provide facility planning and design support and recommendations to the Facilities and Logistics Principal; And coordinate logistics meetings, tracks action items, and previews contractor documentation to support final reviews by Navy logistics authorities.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in DoD Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) in support of DoD acquisition programs
- Experience with Navy Missile Weapon System acquisition and life-cycle support logistics
- Experience with DoD Performance Based Logistics
- SECRET Security Clearance
- Ability to travel approximately one week per month in the continental United States (CONUS)
- DoD ACAT I, II, or III program experience
- Experience with GEIA-STD-0007, GEIA-HB-0007, SAE TA-HB-0007-1
- Experience with NAVSEA and Strategic Systems Programs sustainment activities and processes
- DAWIA Life Cycle Logistics certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate
- Top Secret security clearance.
Apply on company website