The Strategic Systems Analysis Group within SPA is looking for a motivated, knowledgeable self-starting treaty and management support specialist to support the Department of the Navy's program for compliance with arms control treaties and agreements.
The candidate is expected to provide support for treaties in development, as well as limited scope treaties already entered into force. Responsible to support policy development within the Department of the Navy (DON), as well as support for general interagency issue analysis and resolution. Candidate will conduct technical analysis, studies, and research, prepare reports, and provide meeting support. Candidate will collect treaty-required data, write reports and coordination papers, evaluate and validate DON implementation and compliance requirements, status, and issues, and recommend strategies for corrective actions or revisions. Candidate will provide coordination, administration, and technical support for a variety of meetings such as Compliance Review Group (CRG) and Naval Arms Control Review Board (NACRB) meetings, to include preparing agendas, identifying participants, drafting and finalizing briefings, and providing after action reports and minutes.
• BA in Political Science, International Relations, National Security Studies or related field (or equivalent professional expertise)
• 5+ years of experience in arms control, nonproliferation, international relations, or national security policy
• Ability to analyze arms control treaties, agreements, U.S. policies, nonproliferation agreements, arms control implementation and compliance documentation
• Ability to produce written reports on arms control treaties and agreements
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Active Secret clearance required – eligibility for a TS/SCI clearance is a plus
• Masters in a related field
Apply on company website