Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
This position is with the Surety Programs Group (SPG) which supports government and private sector organizations ensuring the security, safety, and reliability of high consequence operations. SPG's philosophy is to help our clients understand and mitigate mission risks spanning physical, cyber, and human domains. SPA has an immediate need for an Operations Research Analyst. The Operations Research Analyst will work as part of a cross-functional team responsible for systematically evaluating client threats, vulnerabilities, performance, and cost-risk trades.
The Operations Research Analyst will support and/or lead multiple, concurrent analytical efforts in support of internal and external clients. They will develop research project plans including objectives, methodology, deliverables, schedule, and staffing as well as provide status updates of current/ongoing/future efforts to leadership and to the customer in a clear/concise manner. In addition, the ORA will ensure technical quality of products delivered to internal and external clients and help identify and develop new analytical capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, quantitative social sciences, Data Science, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative research design and execution
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical methods for time series data with discrete and continuous dependent variables
- Demonstrated proficiency in software tools such as MATLAB, R, Tableau, Stata, pandas, stochastic agent-based modeling software, etc.
- Computer programming skills (e.g., Python, C#)
- U.S. citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Master of Science degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, quantitative social sciences, Data Science, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Demonstrated operations research experience (statistical analysis, modeling and simulation, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience with 1+ years leading projects
- Experience developing analytical tools and applications
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
Apply on company website