- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other related technical degree
- At least 2 years of experience working in a technical field planning for and/or conducting developmental test events
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- Familiarity with the DoD Acquisition process and experience working within an acquisition program office environment
- Experience with detection sensors
We are seeking a Test & Evaluation / Systems Engineer to provide Engineering Support Services to an Electro-Optical and Infrared (EO/IR) program within the U.S. Navy Program Executive Office, Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS), Above Water Sensors & Lasers Directorate (IWS 2.0). At least 2 years of experience working in a technical field planning for and/or conducting developmental test events is required.
Your primary responsibilities in this position will be to assist the client with T&E planning, execution, analysis, and reporting; preparing and/or reviewing technical and programmatic T&E documentation (e.g. Master Plans, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Traceability Matrices, etc.); supporting the portfolio lifecycle through test, integration, and delivery of hardware; and working with the DoD field activities, Integrated Product Teams, technical teams, and vendors to identify, locate, support, and manage test requirements. We expect you to provide educated advice and deliverables to the level of SPA's highest quality standards—delivered on time, error-free, and suitable for the intended purpose.
The IWS Group's office is located at 20 M Street in Southeast DC conveniently down the street from our clients at the Washington Navy Yard. Some travel in the future is expected for this position (<10%), though telework during Covid-19 is expected.
Apply on company website