SpringHill Suites Orange Beach at The Wharf
Springhill Suites Orange Beach at the Wharf seeks a overnight front desk agent with Excellent guest service skills. What you will be doing
- Follow all specified procedures to audit the shift closing of all front office staff, including closing final shift and completing an audit summary for each shift.
- Produce accurate and timely reports and correctly handle all cash transactions
- Follow all specified procedures to maintain and post a daily balance of all house accounts, including running preliminary reconciliations, detail transactions and final reports to accounting and profit centers.
- Follow all specified procedures to reconcile cashier's reports with the restaurant system each night, researching and posting any unresolved tickets from the day shifts.
- Balance and audit for accuracy room revenue, food and beverage revenue, cashier's reports, and guest and house accounts and telephone and movie revenue; assisting the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues.
- Transmit credit card batches.
- Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents.
- Act as hotel system liaison during night hours.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests. Issues room key provides directions to guests.
- Transmit and receive telephone messages.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Post charges, computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Deposit guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- Use suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Follow all necessary reporting procedures in documenting customer requests.
- Proper uniform and name tag worn at all times.
- Use guests name a minimum of three times during check-in and check-out.
- Insure that incoming calls to the switchboard are answered within three rings.
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services and able to assist customers when questioned.
- Must respond to a guest request within 10 minutes of time request was made.
- Respond to guests immediately upon entering the lobby.
- Room directions along with hotel outlets along with hours of operation must be explained to all guests.
- When approached by a guest with a issue, associate will empower himself/herself with the responsibility of assisting the guest in solving this issue.
- Telephone messages must be communicated to customer within 1 minute of receiving the call.
- Communicate guest requests to the appropriate department and follow up that guest needs were met.
- Report to Maintenance any problems that have been reported to them.
- Assure that wake up calls are entered accurately.
- May assist with other duties as assigned
- Assist with setting up Breakfast during shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Detailed oriented, professional and friendly, team player, excellent guest service skills.
- General knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft Office.
- Must be comfortable working overnight as the only staff on duty.
- Willing to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous Front Desk experience preferred but not required.
- Position is 3rd shift - 11PM - 7AM.
Apply on company website