Stifel Bank & Trust is looking for an enthusiastic, service oriented individual to join our growing team. In this role, the Mortgage Loan Closer will coordinate and prepare documents necessary to take mortgage loans from the approval to closing while promoting service, quality, compliance and relationship building. The ideal candidate will have experience working a fast paced mortgage environment and familiarity with Encompass.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews file documentation for accuracy per guidelines and investor requirements.
- Answers questions and advise customers regarding loans and transactions
- Coordinates and prepares documents necessary to take mortgage loans from the approval to closing (Hud-1, Mortgage, Note, Final TIL, title work, homeowners insurance, flood insurance, payoff letters, etc.)
- Ensures data integrity.
- Works closely with the processing department and title companies.
- Funds loans.
- Assists with clearing conditions on suspended files.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping mortgage loan information confidential.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- 1 to 3 years' related experience required
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Understands and complies with mortgage industry regulations, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Community Reinvestment Act, Truth-in-Lending laws, etc.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Solid technical understanding of the distinguishing features and differences of all loan products and the required documentation for each.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel Bank is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Apply on company website