The Senior HR Business Partner provides consultative human resources support to business units. This positions will serve as the primary liaison between locations throughout California and HR Leadership. The Senior HR Business Partner is the designated expert on the interpretation of HR programs, policies, and procedures to ensure alignment with business objectives and work cultures in achieving business goals while minimizing risk to the Firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and address complex employee relations for employees based in California. Depending on issue, may work with Legal and outside counsel for appropriate action.
- Serve as a consultant, coach, and advisor on the day-to-day management issues that arise from business unit staff.
- Partner with senior management to identify opportunities to better leverage the business and human resources needs necessary to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Manage the employee life cycle for assigned business units working with management, designated staff in the business group, and other specialty areas within HR for a cohesive process. May include assisting in various administration functions involved with onboarding to separation of employment.
- Collaborate with other members of the HR team to implement HR strategy in conjunction with the business group's strategy and expectations, representing HR to the business units, and reconciling issues that create conflict between HR and business unit strategy.
- Proactively look for ways to improve and enhance current functions within HR.
- Lead and/or participate in various HR related projects within Employee Relations area.
- Effective leadership skills and ability to influence change.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Interpersonal skills demonstrating tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Ability to create, maintain, and analyze data using spreadsheets and databases.
- Solid understanding and experience with HR Body of knowledge – Business Management & Strategy, Workforce Planning and Employment, Human Resources Development, Compensation and Benefits, Employee and Labor Relations, and Risk Management.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Understanding of the implications of costs and business strategies for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field, experience in Human Resources in California, and in particular in San Francisco.
- Minimum Required: 8+ years' of human resources experience
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off. Stifel is an equal opportunity employer.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Apply on company website