Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The right candidate will provide technical and analytical support to the Joint Staff, J3 Directorate Nuclear and Global Joint Command and Control, Common Operation Picture, and National Military Command Center mission at the Pentagon.
SPA has a near term need for a C2 Subject Matter Expert.
The candidate will support J3 in its development of policies and implementation of procedures to support the operational imperatives of the war fighter. This includes providing technical assistance in on-going policy development efforts to align policies and procedures across the strategic and operational C2 spectrum. The Department is re-looking at C2 IT acquisition and development practices while many of our programs are undergoing some form of modernization. One of the challenges the community is facing is the integration and coordination of capabilities and new technology between competing programs within constrained budgets while attempting to maintain current capabilities. This includes technical analysis and functional support to working groups and management of NICKA, UID, and URN databases.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required, or ten (10) years qualifying experience without a degree.
- 5+ years' technical or functional experience with joint global C2 systems.
- 3+ years' experience on a senior level staff such as on the Joint Staff, Service staff, COCOM, or supported Service COCOM Component.
- 4+ years of successful and pertinent experience to provide a knowledge of the basic principles, theories, practices, techniques, terminology, and expressions of Command and Control Systems and/or Policy.
- Must be a Graduate of COP Basic and COP Advance courses.
- An active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and with ability to obtain/maintain.
- An understanding of the standard methods, procedures and techniques of research and analysis in the subject matter field.
- The ability to acquire subject matter information about the field and related fields, and knowledge of literature resources in the field.
Apply on company website