DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Unit Secretary today with Terre Haute Regional Hospital!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Terre Haute Regional, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Unit secretary supports the nursing unit as a receptionist and performs various clerical duties, handling incoming and outgoing communications on the nursing unit pleasantly, concisely, and accurately
• You will keep charts up to date; i.e., lab reports, obtaining new and old records, orders paper supplies weekly, obtains nursing supplies daily • Work cooperatively with the nursing staff to provide accurate transcription of doctor's • Process requisitions and forms to other departments as directed by the Director/Charge Nurse • Assist in the coordination of services and supplies for the nursing unit. • You will make appointments for patient services in other departments as requested by nursing staff, may make post-discharge clinic or doctor appointments for patients • You will run copies for completed labs and places in patient's chart for physician review
Our 17-bed Emergency Department includes a Psych Safe Room as well as two Trauma bays. We currently see 75 to 85 patients daily and have seen increased volumes since the addition of 24-hour Trauma Services. Terre Haute Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. We are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. Terre Haute Regional Hospital looks forward to continuing to serve its friends and neighbors and growing with the community. We're more than a hospital, we're a family!
- Awesome tuition reimbursement and educational resources, comprehensive benefits, caring and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 4th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety rankings
Qualifications• Minimum of one year of healthcare clerical support experience • Computer literacy & intermediate experience in all Microsoft Office • Ability to multi-task with prioritizing and meeting deadlines • Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining composure • Current BLS certification
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply! We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website