Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking an Entry Level Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist or GIS Intern for a position located in Duluth, GA.
The selected candidate will work with and support other GIS Specialists on various projects. The candidate shall provide technical and analytical information management solutions using a variety of software and databases for local, regional, and national projects. Candidate will function as a GIS Specialist under general supervision while performing moderately complex GIS and data management tasks including: geospatial and environmental data/database administration, creation, analysis, reporting, cartographic design, with the possibility of workflow enhancements and application development. Applies GIS knowledge and information management principles to complete assigned tasks within the allotted budget and schedule. Principle responsibilities include:
- Performs analytical, technical, and/or developmental tasks as assigned, such as:
- Prepares maps and databases for specific elements of Tetra Tech projects.
- Assist project teams with developing web-based applications, maps, and datasets.
- Develops or modifies deliverables based on redlines/rough sketches, marked-up copies and/or detailed verbal instructions.
- Compiles, evaluates, modifies and analyzes data to support preparation of web-based mapping applications, figures, tables, graphs, databases, and reports.
- Provides GIS support for environmental sampling and emergency response activities.
- Research various websites and data stores for data applicable to each project.
- Establishes and maintains required files to document data references, analytical methods, calculations, and rationale used in reaching conclusions.
- Performs additional tasks specific to an area of expertise or technology.
- Ensures that the deliverables and tasks worked on are complete and follows Tetra Tech's Quality Control program requirements.
Entry Level experience performing related tasks including the following: Using ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro; producing figures, maps, or displays for decision making, project deliverables or public consumption; managing data in relational database systems; preference will be given to those familiar or experienced with ArcGIS Online and mobile field data collection applications such as ESRI Collector, Survey123, and Workforce
The position will require a highly motivated and well organized person that can handle multiple tasks in an efficient manner. The applicant will be required to meet project deadlines while managing multiple GIS related tasks. The position will require good communication skills and an applicant that works well in a team environment. The position also requires excellent writing skills. Successful candidate will have a BS in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related field or demonstrate that they are currently enrolled in a GIS program; preferably within one or two semesters from graduation. Project work may occur nationwide but, most will be in the southeastern U.S. Some travel may be required (less than 20%) and conducting occasional work outside of normal business to support emergency responses can be expected.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website