Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech is actively seeking a creative, Mechanical Engineer with 5 – 10 years of experience . The qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in mechanical design specific to design and construction documentation for mechanical systems in new and existing buildings. In addition, the successful candidate must possess the skills required to successfully handle multiple simultaneous complex tasks, execute project tasks, have a strong work ethic and drive to deliver for customers, and be a collaborative team player. This person will work closely with senior-level mechanical engineering staff and assist in the development of design documents including engineering reports, calculations and analysis, drawings, specifications, and engineer's opinion of probable construction costs.
Typical projects include:
- Performing complex building mechanical design on a variety of projects at the direction of the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
- Military single and multi-story office buildings, residences, barracks, aircraft hangars, vehicle maintenance garages and shops
- Commercial single and multi-story office buildings, laboratories, manufacturing, testing and computing facilities.
- Municipal and Industrial Water and Wastewater treatment facilities including administrative, laboratory, treatment and ancillary facilities.
We welcome experiences in building types outside of these categories as they bring new insight to our designs.
- Perform HVAC load calculations, energy models, life cycle cost analysis and ventilation calculations in conformance with applicable codes and energy efficiency standards.
- Experience running energy simulations for buildings both in the conceptual and final phases for system selection analysis as well as LEED/EPAct proof of compliance desired.
- Familiarity with developing specifications using SpecsIntact and MasterSpec.
- Sizing equipment and developing layouts for airside and hydronic systems.
- Coordinating with other disciplines as well as other internal and external team members (e.g. vendors, clients, and contractors).
- Prepare construction documents including drafting utilizing REVIT or AutoCAD MEP.
- A strong knowledge of control systems, protocols and interfaces and familiarity applying concepts to construction documents.
- Experience with RS Means, and general exposure to construction estimating, is preferred.
- Performing construction assistance in the form of responding to contractor RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and performing construction site field observations reports and preparing punch lists during various stages of construction.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Hold a Professional Engineering License or ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Proficiency utilizing Trane Trace for load calculations but considerable experience in other platforms such as Carrier HAP, EnergyPlus, or EQuest is also acceptable.
- Knowledge of building mechanical equipment including fans, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, chilled and hot water loops, boilers, motors, pumps, variable speed drives, direct digital temperature controls and building automation systems.
- Familiarity with design of plumbing systems and/or performance based fire protection systems desired but not required.
- Intermediate knowledge of ICC Codes, United Facilities Criteria (UFC's), ASHRAE handbooks / standards, SMACNA standards, and NFPA requirements.
- REVIT/BIM experience required;
- AutoCAD experience desired.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and computer skills required.
- Ability to travel as required for client development and project execution. LEED, GPCP and/or CEM certification.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies Additional Information
- Organization: 200 IEW
Apply on company website