Are you interested in working on major projects of national significance?
Would you like to work for one of the world's leading multi-disciplinary consultancy businesses with a constantly expanding workload?
Tetra Tech is a leading, global provider of consulting and engineering services. We are differentiated by Leading with Science® to provide innovative technical solutions to our clients. We support global commercial and government clients focused on water, environment, sustainable infrastructure, renewable energy, and international development. With 21,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems.
Following our continued success in securing new and interesting projects in security, defence and other sectors, we have an exciting opportunity for a Planning Manager with a strong construction background and experience of NEC forms of contract.
Reporting directly to the Project Controls Director, you will be responsible for managing the programme on major projects of national significance through design and construction stage. You will work closely with our clients, stakeholders and colleagues from other Tetra Tech disciplines.
As a Planning Manager you will be responsible for defining activities and events to be completed to appropriate levels of detail, prioritising the wants and needs of the project / programme.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying dependencies between activities and events and their implications for the organisation.
- Identifying estimation methods and appropriate confidence limits.
- Researching and developing duration estimates for the activities, reviewing and updating these at relevant points, and identifying critical dates relevant to the events.
- Preparing network analysis methods.
- Preparing documents and schedules of major phases or tranches, milestones and reviewing points for the project or programme, sufficient to inform the direction of work and the monitoring of progress.
- Use of scheduling tools and methods.
- Monitoring progress, refining the schedule as appropriate, and implementing the change control process.
- Techniques to guide the choice, capture and analysis of relevant data.
- Managing a small team of planners.
You will be capable of planning and scheduling major infrastructure, new build and refurbishment construction projects, including those with significant non-routine requirements. You should be proficient in developing programmes from “first principles” and be comfortable with the concepts of three-point estimates of time, the provision of time risk allowance and production of risk-adjusted programmes.
We are looking for an agile practitioner who can build relationships, communicate with and support project teams, while bringing an innovative approach to problem solving and scheduling.
- Membership of the CIOB or APM would be preferred.
- You will have significant experience of NEC 3/4 and other widely used forms of contract.
- Suitable for security clearance, SC Cleared preferably.
- Experience of managing multiple projects with a keen interest in developing skills in scheduling and project management.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to manage meetings with senior client representatives.
- Proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Professional and ethical in everything that you do.
- Able to identify and develop a phased approach to delivery, working collaboratively with the client to understand and agree the project requirements.
- Team player, able to manage programmes for multiple projects to tight deadlines and to form effective relationships.
- Determined approach to the maintenance of quality standards and to on-time delivery.
- Good practical application of Microsoft Software, including Project, Excel and Word. You should demonstrate a good level of proficiency in the use of other industry standard planning software
- The ability to prepare or contribute to the production of a range of project control tools including programmes, risk registers and Monte Carlo simulations, Stakeholder Management Plans, Project Execution Plans, and Quality Assurance Plans.
- Driving licence preferable
Having the flexibility to react to a constantly fluctuating workload is a key part of this position. In return, we will give you all the opportunities and support that you need to turn your fascination and determination into important skills and, of course, a rewarding career.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at Tetra Tech Europe Careers - Jobs (selectminds.com)
Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Additional Information
- Organization: 784 WYG
Apply on company website