Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech's International Development Services, based in Arlington, VA, is recruiting for a Senior Communications Specialist to be based in New Delhi, India to support the implementation of USAID South Asia Energy Partnership (SAREP) Program. The position is full-time and is contingent upon contract award. The Senior Communications Specialist will report to the Chief of Party. This job is fixed term for the duration of the project, expected to be five years from the date of contract award.
- Manage all communications-related outputs to ensure that they are delivered on time, with high quality and maximum impact.
- Edit technical deliverables (e.g., reports, briefings, etc.) for clarity, messaging, and adherence to USAID branding and style guidelines.
- Design, write and edit a variety of communication products (e.g., activity summaries and outreach materials, including fact sheets, infographics, newsletters, one-page syntheses of activity interventions, activity briefers and visuals, etc.).
- Develop written communications, presentations, and social media materials on regional energy issues and topics for diverse audiences, including USAID, U.S. Government and partner government stakeholders, and internal staff.
- Design and implement communication support at events, including preparation of press releases, announcements, social media posts, and organize for photography and videography as required.
- Partner with the technical advisors to accomplish project communication objectives.
- Develop project-specific website input and social media posts, including writing and posting content, monitoring activity and followers' engagement, and reporting on impact.
- Coordinate and implement all external outreach and activities with the client and stakeholders in consultation with the client and USAID.
- Field and respond to incoming requests for information, talking points, messaging, etc. from project and home office staff, the client, and counterparts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree preferably in communications, journalism, media and/or related field.
- At least ten years of communications experience of which at least five (5) years of experience in leading communications programs for international development projects, including strategy and product development, is required.
- Native level fluency in English is required with strong oral and written presentation
Valued but not required KSA's:
- A master's degree in communications, journalism, public affairs, media and/or related field a plus.
- Experience with expert-level understanding of USAID communications protocols and experience working in coordination with USAID's Development Outreach Communications (DOC) Specialists is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with the energy sector and energy programs is a plus.
- Fluency in any South Asian native language is a plus.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 154 ESI
Apply on company website