We are looking for talented Senior Ecologists to join our South-central team who are largely based in Southampton, as we start the next exciting phase of our growth, as part of the 20,000-strong global Tetra Tech family.
We want people who can play an integral part of the team, supporting the existing ecology team with our project delivery of our diverse portfolio of clients. The key features for these roles are; a demonstrable area(s) of technical expertise, project management experience (from enquiry to completion), the confidence to act as a direct client contact and an eye for quality.
Our national team has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to go from strength to strength. We have a significant amount of local project work including Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments, Nutrient neutrality work, residential schemes, licensed bat work and a range of other schemes, both small and large. As such, we are now looking to recruit a Senior Ecologist to support our established team who are based near our Southampton office – but we can flexible on your location, due to the flexible working model we've adopted as a business. We are focused on recruiting the best ecologists so are happy to discuss flexible working patterns, including part-time or fixed-term contracts, with the right candidate.
We are looking for an ecologist who has experience of projects across a diversity of sectors, with the confidence to liaise with clients & stakeholders and a desire to manage & mentor other members of the team. Project management and the ability to deliver multiple projects to high client expectations within fixed deadlines is an essential requirement of the role. Experience with Net Gain, Nutrient neutrality assessments, producing EcIAs and/or HRAs would also be an advantage. We are keen to continue to grow the team, so enthusiasm to support colleagues within the business development strategy would also be a requirement of the role.
As experienced ecologists ourselves, we understand how ecologists think and work and have introduced ecology-specific methods to allow the team to fulfil their potential:
- With 60 permanent ecologists across 12 offices, we work hard to operate as one cohesive team to minimise time away from home, maximise bespoke training and support from our in-house experts regardless of location, and to allow the best people to work on the projects that interest them and deliver them to the highest standards.
- All our teams are successfully working remotely and flexibly at present, and our IT systems enable us to work seamlessly, so your proximity to one of our offices is not a barrier to joining us – we want to focus on your talents & skills, not your postcode.
- Given that all grades of ecologist complete site visits and meetings, we provide cars or car allowances to every member of the team, including for personal use.
- We encourage the development of well-rounded ecologists who can talk about all stages of a project rather than just a niche area.
- Our bat handling licence incentivisation scheme thanks those ecologists who spend time and effort in achieving their licence - we know it's not easy! And to show our support of personal development, we award a significant financial bonus to anyone achieving Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist status through CIEEM.
- We also have an established TOIL system which allows ecologists to manage their time to suit their specific personal needs, alongside the seasonal demands of the role.
- We work closely with many other teams, including our own Planners, Archaeologists, Landscape Architects, Masterplanners and Engineers. With a culture of openness, there is always someone within the business who can provide advice and support for almost any query.
If the timing's not quite right for you, please do still get in touch as we will always consider deferring your start date for the right candidate.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
We offer a competitive salary, contributory pension, health cover and a range of flexible benefits including retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday (renewable annually). We promote flexible working and are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or potential job share's.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy / maternity.
- Organization: 784 WYG
Apply on company website