Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing senior level technical support and project management support for master planning projects for a variety of Federal agencies and the Department of Defense. The Senior Planner will function as part of our Federal Master Planning Team, providing vital leadership, mentoring, and planning expertise for DoD and other Federal planning and asset management projects, as well as to plan, prepare, and develop documents in compliance with Federal and DoD policies. The successful candidate will have 8+ years' experience and support management and leadership on complex planning studies, charrette facilitation, research and preparation of plans on resiliency, sustainability, compatible land use, physical, social & economic issues, and provide technical support to all planning team members.
- A 4-year degree in urban planning; natural, physical, or environmental science; landscape architecture; or related field.
- Professional Certifications (PMP, AICP, RLA, or related certification) are preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in the execution of military facilities planning projects.
- Client management, team leadership, and charrette facilitation experience.
- Well-developed knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as sustainability, resiliency, economic development or land use.
- Advanced knowledge of the philosophies, principals, practices & techniques of federal planning, urban, regional and/or facilities planning.
- Advanced English language skills, both written and verbal, to include technical writing/editing experience and a demonstrated ability to write, edit, and deliver planning content.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical material, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships with elected/appointed officials or other decision-makers
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve less well- defined planning problems
- Group facilitation skills for use with community workshops
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Ability to provide effective supervision and staff management
- Ability to manage projects effectively and meet firm deadlines
- All candidates are required to have the ability to pass a security/background check and security clearance investigation. This position will require a U.S. Passport and the ability to travel overseas as needed. 50% of work hours may require travel.
- This position requires driving on a regular basis.
- A successful evaluation of a Motor Vehicle Record is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card is required for this position
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website