Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are searching for an experienced Senior Project Manager and Technical Specialist for our Norfolk, VA location.
This position will require a unique set of skills – technical, project management, communication, organization, cost proposal development. This multi-faceted position will provide mid to senior level project management and technical support to environmental investigation and remediation projects and proposals, primarily in the areas related to geology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, remediation, fieldwork, contaminant fate and transport, and data interpretation/presentation. Must be capable of assuming responsibility for routine to complex tasks/projects and assist with proposal and business development tasks as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• Provide mid-level geology input to projects.
• Expand company's capabilities to perform environmental/hydrogeologic investigations and remediation projects.
• Performance of conceptual and analytical data evaluation and preparation of detailed reports and supporting documents.
• Assume lead project management and/or technical role for projects and/or programs.
• Assume lead and supporting roles in proposals and technical writing needs.
• Research, analyze, and interpret technical documents and procedures, and government regulations as well as write detailed reports and procedures suitable for client submittal and proposal submission.
• Effectively present information, communicate, and respond to questions from groups of coworkers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Perform business development duties as needed in coordination with Operations Manager.
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a geosciences-related field, MA preferred.
• PG preferred
6-12 years directly related experience and/or training. Basic computer skills required, advanced skills desirable. Experience with both RCRA and CERCLA programs desirable.
• 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current 8-hour refresher training is preferred. Other OSHA training is desirable.
Other Skills and Requirements: Must be fluent in the English language. Strong communication and technical writing skills for internal and external communications, including technical and persuasive writing for proposals and reports. Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe skills required. InDesign preferred.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 NUS
Apply on company website