Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
We are currently seeking a Senior Line Design Engineer (Remote) for our Power Division. The Transmission Line Design Engineer is responsible for the all design activities pertaining transmission line projects in accordance with all applicable codes and standards. The successful candidate will work within a multi-discipline team to design transmission lines that meet or exceed our customers' requirements while ensuring performance, costs and the technology selected are optimized. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in the development of proposals; engage the customer during the proposal phase as well during the execution of the project
- Participate in providing regular progress updates to the customer
- Meet all agreed project and customer deadlines
Transmission Line Design
- Design of transmission line facilities including line layout, structure selection, conductor configuration, insulation selection, conductor selection, shielding and grounding and transmission line studies and calculations. Designs to meet both utility and industry standards and to take into account advances in transmission line knowledge and technology
- Review of internal and external designs for code compliance, design practice and ensure that the designs submitted result in lower overall costs for customers
- Preparation of project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation
- Keep abreast of advances and changes in transmission line technology, products as well as the transmission line market and industry
- Construction support and resolving site queries, attending site meetings and perform site inspections during the construction phase of projects
- Project Documentation
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to transmission line design and construction, including (but not limited to) all design packages, as-built requirements, etc.
- Maintaining an exceptional working relationship with internal project support groups
- Making and maintaining appropriate commitments to project teams and coordinating design activities with multi-disciplined project team members
- Maintaining exceptional working relationships with material suppliers, contractors, and any others that affect the quality, schedule and cost of projects
- Monitoring design teams budget expenditure and project schedule adherence
- A degree in Electrical/Structural/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution, with a minimum of 5-10 years' experience in transmission line design
- A registered Professional Engineer or eligible for Canadian or USA registration
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical standards, Transmission System Code and OH&S Regulations is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects associated with transmission line design, construction, test and commissioning and operation/maintenance
- Working knowledge of PLS-CADD and related design software required
- Familiarity with the CSA, ANSI, IEEE, IEC standards, CEC and National Electrical Code
- Demonstrated ability to manage engineering tasks within budget and to an agreed timeline and deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Occasional travel to job sites (local and overseas) is required
- Able to provide mentorship and guidance to junior staff
- To be successful, the candidate must be able to demonstrate a track record of being resourceful, a self-starter and able to work both independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website