Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
This USAID activity, For the Protection of Human Rights & Environmental Defenders and Journalists, will seek to improve the capacity of the Government of Mexico and non-state organizations to prevent and to counter violence and threats against human rights advocates, environmental defenders, and journalists in Mexico. The project will support five target states in Mexico, along with indirect assistance to four additional states, as possible.
**Please note: Only Mexican citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Travel and STTA Specialist will contribute to the success of the project by ensuring smooth and compliant project procurement processes. The Travel and STTA Specialist will research and execute required procurement in compliance with all U.S., USAID, and local regulations. This is a Long-Term part-time Technical Assistance (LTTA) position.
- Perform travel requests such as airfare, lodging, ground transportation, venue, and catering reservations for MSI field office.
- Manage negotiations with hotels to obtain preferential rates.
- Obtain competitive bids and quotations for all major purchases and generate price evaluation summaries, as required.
- Ensure transparency and best value during the travel procurement process, in accordance with MSI policy.
- Ensure all requirements of full and open competition are met and that the integrity of the travel procurement process is upheld.
- Request and review invoices related to the travel process.
- Support the recruitment and payment process for consultants.
- Support consultant recruitment and LOA control matrixes.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required.
- Minimum three years of experience in booking reservations for travel, human resources, and general administration is required.
- Minimum two years of experience working with projects financed by USAID is required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of local suppliers is desirable.
- Part-time availability with a minimum of 25 hours per week.
- Fluency in written and oral Spanish and English is required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech's Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Additional Information
- Organization: 216 MSI
Apply on company website