Tidal Health: Better Practice. Better Life.
TidalHealth has more than 30 locations throughout Delmarva and is anchored by two award-winning hospitals: TidalHealth Peninsula Regional and TidalHealth Nanticoke.
TidalHealth offers the widest array of specialty and sub-specialty services on the Delmarva Peninsula. We are the largest and most experienced health care provider in the region, and it's our mission to improve the health of our community.
TidalHealth encompasses the former Peninsula Regional Health System - Peninsula Regional Medical Center, Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, McCready Memorial, the Peninsula Regional Medical Group, Nanticoke Physician Network, Delmarva Heart, Peninsula Cardiology. These entities and more are pulling together to make sure every person on Delmarva has a channel of care close to home, with a consistent, quality experience and the ability to access high-level specialties such as neurosurgery and clinical research that might not be available to smaller-scale providers. We really are better together, and our combined forces are working to bring a strong, reliable network of care to our community.
TidalHealth offers a full range of services, including neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery, joint replacement, emergency/trauma care, wound care, and comprehensive cancer care, and provides community health services through a network of family medicine and specialty care offices across Delmarva, health pavilions in Millsboro, DE, in Ocean Pines, MD and with its Wagner Wellness Van.
TidalHealth is also proud to be an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network (JHCRN), a group of academic and community-based clinical researchers designed to provide new opportunities for research collaborations.
TidalHealth Peninsula Regional is seeking a board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist for our child & adolescent (C&A) inpatient acute care and partial hospitalization behavioral health services.
Seeking a full-time positive, flexible and teamwork-driven psychiatrist to provide psychiatric services for a brand new C&A inpatient acute care unit. In addition, this position would have some responsibilities in a soon-to-be-established adolescent partial hospitalization program. The C&A inpatient unit is expected to be completed and operational by December 2021.
The unit(s) will be located within TidalHealth Peninsula Regionals beautiful hospital campus and is part of a robust and growing service line encompassing adult inpatient services, adult partial hospitalization services and 24/7 behavioral health services in the emergency department. This position offers the candidate loan forgiveness and the opportunity to be part of an expanding multidisciplinary team that focuses on service excellence and patient-centered care. TidalHealth is comprised of Peninsula Regional in Salisbury, MD a 285-bed tertiary referral center for a 6 county 3 state region. The system includes Nanticoke Hospital in Seaford, DE, 3 ambulatory campus locations as well as a large multi-specialty physician enterprise with service locations throughout the region. Salisbury is a booming and growing college town located within 30 minutes of beautiful east coast beaches. The metropolitan cities of Washington DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia are all within a 2-hour drive.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Round daily on established caseload on the inpatient unit.
- Assist with the partial hospitalization program as needed.
- Provide stabilization, medication management, and supportive therapy to the patient.
- Coordinate with the patients multi-disciplinary team, including but not limited to, psychiatric pharmacists, social workers, music, art, and recreational therapists, RNs and psychiatric technicians.
- Participate in daily treatment team meetings to coordinate patient care.
- Adhere to the service lines policies regarding treatment protocols, documentation, and productivity targets. Actively work with the program director to update and/or create policies and processes to improve unit(s) performance.
- Attend Department of Psychiatry meeting.
- Provide medical floor and emergency department consultations as needed per schedule.
- Participate in family/support and discharge sessions as available and clinically relevant.
- Identify and provide referrals to specialized services, such as psychological testing and substance abuse.
- Board certification in child and adolescent psychiatry and active DEA license.
- Minimum of 4 years providing services for the child and adolescent population.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship-building skills.
- Experience working with an electronic medical record system EPIC preferred.
- Ability to meet all deadlines, respond promptly and professionally to organizational and clinical issues, and manage multiple priorities.
Peninsula Regional Medical Center LivingHere
Here at Peninsula, you get the best of many worlds. Marylands Eastern Shore offers easy access to the beach and the Chesapeake Bay. Our physicians enjoy family-friendly neighborhoods and a low, coastal cost ofliving. We have many options for private and public schools; and plenty of recreational opportunities, including water sports, outdoor life, golf and bike paths. Salisbury is home to the Delmarva Shorebirds, a minor league baseball team affiliated with the Baltimore Orioles.
One of the big draws to our area is the music: we enjoy music festivals throughout the summer, featuring widely acclaimed bands at a variety of venues. In fact, our region is home to the National Folk Festival. Freeman Stage features seasonal open-air performances, showcasing musicfrom jazz to country to rockplus dance, theater, and childrens programs. Some of theliveacts here have included Smokey Robinson, O.A.R., Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra, First State Ballet, and many more.
And if you love seafood, youre in luck here on the Delmarva Peninsula: we have crab fests galore throughout the summer, and plenty of fresh, local seafood.Restaurant Week in Ocean Cityfeatures classic and innovative dining venues with special offerings forconnoisseurs of fine food.
Theres much to love about life in this area. Comeand explorefor yourself!
Tidal Health: Better Practice. Better Life.TidalHealth has more than 30 locations throughout Delmarva and is anchored by two award-winnin...
Apply on company website