Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as a Patient Concierge with our Orthopaedics clinic at Orland Park. UChicago Medicine - Orland Park offers quick and convenient specialty and primary care in a state-of-the-art outpatient center. Conveniently located at 143rd Street & South La Grange Road, our outpatient clinic has a robust offering of primary care services as well as specialty care for people who need help managing chronic illnesses. In this role, the Patient Concierge serves as an essential member of the new care team at UCMC's new standalone facility in Orland Park.
The Patient Concierge will be responsible as a resource for ensuring patients access their care in a seamless and uncomplicated manner. The job role is dynamic and requires extensive walking and standing throughout the entire shift. The Patient Concierge will support various clinical activities in an effort to anticipate the needs of patients by ensuring exam rooms are cleaned and equipped prior to patient rooming, check-in support, exam room checkout, supply replenishment, and electronic record documentation, including scanning. The Patient Concierge will provide navigation support to patients, ensuring they are personally escorted throughout their experience. The position also evaluates data and service improvement opportunities acting as an information resource and a patient advocate. The Patient Concierge will be expected to exercise significant independent judgement and effectively coordinate with the remainder of the Orland Park team, which is expected to operate independently from the main campus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibits strong customer service, sophisticated communication and critical thinking skills in response to patient and care team inquires and requests
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and continually monitors appointment schedules throughout the day ensuring patients are accessing care at their scheduled appointment time
- Adheres to established standard work and utilizes identified communication tools to ensure a consistent and exceptional patient experience
- Exceptional computer skills and ability to utilize multiple applications to support accurate and timely check-in at Kiosk or in-person, exam room check-out, scheduling, and revenue cycle activities related to insurance verification, pre-certification, authorization and collections as required
- Independently collects critical forms and information in preparation for each patient visit and performs EMR scanning prior to and after visit
- Participates in UCMC projects as assigned, including employee engagement, patient experience and process improvement projects from inception through planning and implementation
- Conducts performance improvement initiatives, such as participating in interdisciplinary improvement teams
- Ensures exam room is fully equipped and setup prior to patient rooming and rooms the patients in coordination with the care team
- Provides concierge-type support by assisting with patient transportation/escorts throughout the facility, coordinates interpreter services and serves as runner to support ancillary services
- A completed High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited body
- Two to five years' experience in providing high level customer service in a community based outpatient setting, addressing and resolving complex issues
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form at or above High School level
- Experience working in a community health setting
- A completed Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- General working knowledge of computer programs including the Microsoft Office Suite & a knowledge of EPIC
- Prior experience in a practice setting preferred including in-depth knowledge of appropriate insurance protocols
- Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment
- Job Type/FTE: Part Time (0.5 FTE)
- Shift: Evenings – 5 hour shift
- Unit/Department: Orthopaedics
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website