Join UChicago Medicine as a Material Specialist in the Supply Chain Department.
The Supply Chain Department is a 24/7 operation. They're currently seeking a Material Specialist to process and deliver common carrier packages as well as process and deliver of prime vendor packages.
As a Material Specialist you will be the primary contact person for the Medical Center departments being available to engage in personal interaction, staff meetings, pages and phone calls. Maintain prescribed inventory levels in the Patient Care areas and ancillary departments resolution of any issues related to the tasks assigned. You will also maintain all work areas in a neat an orderly fashion.
Essential Job Functions
- Uses a handheld computer and other authorized inventory logs to count and assess departmental supply needs, perform data entry, create orders, perform warehouse cycle counts and rotate stock
- Process and delivery of common carrier packages as well as processing and delivery of prime vendor packages
- Prepares and stages returns
- Answers the warehouse/dock phones, enters departmental orders into the MMIS, retrieves/processes orders from the pneumatic tube system, organizes and labels supply carts
- Maintains Inventory Management supply storage rooms and Nurse Servers in according to prescribed stock locations and prescribed supply quantities
- Responsible for receiving, unpacking, verifying all shipments received, and entering receipt into Materials Management system
- Responsible for the logging, and accurately delivering packages and medical gas tanks to requesting departments (Nursing Units, Nursing Supply Rooms, Clinics, Ancillary departments, including BSD (Biological Science Division) at which point signatures are obtained from requesting department
- Performs other duties assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work without direct supervision;
- Knowledge of personal computers, handheld computers preferred
- Good mathematical ability
- Good verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and provide excellent customer service
- Ability to lift 50 pounds of free-weight and/or push 450 pounds on wheels for short distances
- Knowledge of inventory management principles and receiving processes
- Knowledge of disposable hospital supplies
- Job Type: Full Time
- Shift: Night (11:30pm - 7:00am), Friday - Tuesday
- Department: Supply Chain - Inventory Management
- 73 SEIU Union
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website