Social Worker, the Risk, Patient Safety, & Compliance department, full-time days, University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL
We're hiring a Social Worker for the Risk, Patient Safety & Compliance department for a full-time days shift for the University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL.:Inpatient Adult Cardiology Services
Join one of the nation's most comprehensive academic medical centers, UChicago Medicine, where social workers have an integral role in providing the best possible care for every patient during his or her hospital stay and outpatient treatment.
Become a part of our thriving department where we are guided by core professional values promoting service, social justice, dignity and worth of the person, importance of human relationships, integrity, and competence.
Our social workers deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day. Our staff is encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients and the UChicago Medicine as a whole. Our Social Work Department provides LCSW Clinical Supervision to those pursuing their LCSW, opportunity to provide graduate level Social Work field supervision requiring a field placement, and onsite CEU opportunities.
Responsibilities of UChicago Medicine Social Workers include:
- Psychosocial and Safety Assessments
- Transitions of Care Planning
- Coordination of interdisciplinary interventions
- Crisis intervention
- Supportive counseling around adjustment to illness, hospitalization, and/or outpatient care.
- Promote access to hospital and community resources
Social Worker Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master's degree in Social Work from a School of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education is required.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be a collaborative, solution focused, team player to help facilitate safe patient outcomes and contribute to institutional goals.
- Previous clinical social work experience in a health care setting of at least one year, acute care hospital setting preferred.
- Licensure in Illinois
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website