Under the general direction of the Associate Director for Residential Life, the Assistant Director for Living-Learning Communities and Academics has primary responsibility for the comprehensive social, academic, and educational student programs in all the residential communities. With oversight and direction of residential academic initiatives including the residential tutoring program, faculty in residence, and living-learning communities. Coordinates academic intervention programs to assist students and staff members in maintaining satisfactory academic requirements. Please note: the budgeted hiring range for this position is up to $81,800. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required Master's degree. Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement 6 - 10 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Advanced knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving, identifying measures of system performance and the actions to improve performance.
Advanced ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Advanced knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
Advanced abilities in project management, problem identification and reasoning skills.
Advanced knowledge of Student Affairs/Student Life specialization.
Ability to work independently.
Preferred Qualifications Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and assess data related to student success, student learning outcomes, and program effectiveness.
Demonstrated understanding of student development theories and practices.
Demonstrated knowledge of best practices regarding living-learning communities and academic initiatives.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website